The Latrobe Valley Authority (LVA) works together with business, community, government and
academia to support Gippsland as we navigate transition across the region together.
We take a place-based approach to economic transition. We actively foster innovation and
continue to support the development of a more sustainable economy for Latrobe Valley and
By involving communities across Gippsland in our work, we can ensure that our initiatives are
aligned to the unique strengths and history of the region.
The LVA supports Gippsland’s economic growth and innovation by:
- Partnering with training and education providers to ensure our skilled workforce can
continue to meet the needs of future industries
- Linking with the tourism sector, Destination Gippsland and local government to attract
major events and partnerships that utilise the region’s state-of-the-art cultural and
- Partnering with Food and Fibre Gippsland and Regional Development Victoria to help
deliver stronger economic outcomes for the region through the food and fibre sector
- Investigating new energy opportunities for the region through the Energy Innovation
Network in partnership with the Gippsland Climate Change Network and industry
- Supporting the work of the Latrobe Health Innovation Zone and exploring ways to
improve health and wellbeing outcomes across Gippsland.
- Partnering with Gippsland’s Local, State and Federal Governments to identify
opportunities for collaboration and support, and to ensure that our initiatives are
aligned with government priorities.
We are proud to support the Federation University Gippsland Business Awards as they celebrate
the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship, while encouraging people to work together across