Turnbull Motors, Warragul Nissan and Mitsubishi has won the top honour at the annual Federation University Gippsland Business Awards.
The business was named Business of the Year winner at the 25th Gippsland Business Awards gala dinner at Federation University auditorium in front of 350 people from across the region celebrating the best of the region's business sector.
Morwell’s Aussie Broadband joined an impressive list of Gippsland businesses to be inducted into the Gippsland Business Awards Hall of Fame.
The Gippsland Business Awards’ silver anniversary year also saw two Committee Members, Leo Billington, and Pat Coles, awarded Life Membership for their continued commitment and contribution to
Awards Chair, Graeme Sennett, congratulated all the winners on their achievement.
“Once again, we have been amazed by the standard of the awards’ entrants with the range and diversity of businesses across the region is phenomenal,” he said. “With so many excellent businesses among the finalists, selecting winners was a difficult task for the judges.”
Mr Sennett said Turnbull Motors, Warragul Nissan and Mitsubishi demonstrated a genuine commitment to the local community, differentiating its offering in a competitive marketplace.
“In an industry that has faced many challenges, Turnbull Motors, Warragul Nissan and Mitsubishi has identified growth opportunities and leveraged these to ensure ongoing success.”
Each GBA finalist is assessed and independently rated by five different judges across eight judging criteria.
The category winners came from across the region and are listed below, together with a precis of judges’ comments:
Accommodation - Boat Harbour Jetty B&B, Port Albert
• Demonstrating a strong awareness of their market, Boat Harbour Jetty B&B has invested in understanding its customers and building a product that delivers on its strategic business plan, by embracing and integrating new technology and minimising impact on the environment.
Beauty and Personal Care - Lekeyah Skin Rejuvenation Centre, Traralgon
• With a history of solid growth, Lekeyah Skin Rejuvenation Centre is ambitious in its operations, demonstrating a delicate balance between providing quality day-to-day experiences for loyal customers and exploring new opportunities and technologies to deliver business growth.
Business and Professional Services – Deery Consulting Pty Ltd, Inverloch
• With a diverse workforce, Deery Consulting is committed to providing skilled jobs in regional areas, supporting its local community, and delivering innovative sustainable engineering solutions that demonstrate environmental responsibility.
Food & Wine Producers - Harman Wines, Wattle Bank
• Targeting clearly identified market opportunities, through progressive diversification and implementation of technological and environmental initiatives, businesses growth at Harman Wines has delivered increasing sales and patronage.
Health and Well Being - Warragul Dental Care & Dentelle by WDC
• Differentiating itself in the market in line with a strategic business plan, Warragul Dental Care has delivered significant growth, invested in its team, embraced, and integrated new technology while maintaining an emphasis on its overall vision of "delivering happiness".
Hospitality - Burra Brewing Co, Korumburra
• With real passion for its product, a focus on core values, prioritising product excellence and service delivery, Burra Brewing has met customer needs, while leveraging a strategic partnership to expand, creating potential for sustainable growth.
Innovation - Modra Technology, Warragul
• Demonstrating creativity in technology, Modra Technology is a problem solver, with traditional manufacturing knowledge, passion, and innovation enabling it to leverage artificial intelligence and robotics to become export focused global leaders.
Manufacturing - The Fibreglass Factory, Yarram
• Demonstrating agility in the delivery of its strategy, the Fibreglass Factory has proven to be resilient in challenging times, identifying opportunities through digital and social channels to reach new markets and customers Australia-wide.
Mechanical Trades and Construction - CPK McLaren MotorBody, Leongatha
• Recognising evolving changes in the motor industry, CPK McLaren MotorBody has pro-actively invested in its future, introducing new technology and upskilling employees, whilst leveraging their established reputation and commitment to the highest quality workmanship, manufacturer specification repairs and customer satisfaction.
New Business - Rooster Tours, Yallourn North
• With future opportunities continually being identified and adopted, Rooster Tours is a strong people-focussed business, providing a unique service, with solid growth in business metrics as the result of commitment to both client and employee relationships.
Retail - Turnbull Motors, Warragul Nissan and Mitsubishi, Warragul
• With a solid commitment to its local community demonstrated through several ongoing initiatives, innovation and adoption of new technologies has enabled recent business challenges to be turned into opportunities for growth while delivering measurable improvements in business outcomes.
Tourism Activities and Attractions - H2O Tours & Adventures, Paynesville
• With a focus on the eco-tourism market, leveraging opportunities to build and expand tourism industry business networks, developing marketing, business tools and its people, plus improved access to vessels, has provided H2O a great platform for success.
25th Anniversary Award - Nurse Next Door Gippsland, Traralgon
• Nurse Next Door demonstrated a strong product position in the marketplace, with solid goals and aspirations balancing the best of world class health care practices with the grassroots community focus, providing regional patients and their families with the right care.
Hall of Fame – Aussie Broadband, Morwell
• An award-winning Australian Stock Exchange listed company with a national reputation, Aussie Broadband’s roots are very firmly buried in Gippsland, where from small beginnings, it has successfully challenged and changed the game in Australian telco.
For a full list of winners and finalists CLICK HERE to download the media release.
For additional media comment please contact GBA Chair, Graeme Sennett 0417 509 149