Regional Development Victoria
Sponsorship: Category Sponsor
Regional Development Victoria (RDV) is the Victorian Government’s lead agency in developing rural and regional Victoria.
RDV is a statutory agency within the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources. In accordance with the Regional Development Victoria Act 2002, RDV works closely with various Victorian Government agencies to facilitate economic, infrastructure and community development to improve the quality of life for regional Victorians.
With a focus on building stronger economies and communities through employment, investment and infrastructure, RDV supports regional Victoria to:
- create vibrant and dynamic regional communities through economic development
- facilitate new investment by funding infrastructure for strategic projects
- deliver integrated programs and strategies to grow a sustainable business economy and industries
- support the implementation of integrated regional plans
- deliver jobs and investment across Victoria through resilient, competitive and productive
- regional economies.
RDV offices are based throughout regional Victoria and can also provide information about other government services, grants and contacts that may assist regional businesses and organisations. RDV Gippsland services Bass Coast, Baw Baw, East Gippsland, Latrobe, South Gippsland and Wellington local government areas. Its head office is based in Traralgon with a presence in East and South Gippsland.